Good Morning All!
How has everyone’s week been? I can tell you that the last couple of weeks have been quite crazy over here with traveling. Last week I was in Pinehurst, NC and this weekend I will be in Lebanon, PA (My roots) for a food show for our family business. In a few years the store will be mine to take over since I am my Mom’s only baby so I definitely have a lot to learn here. I am so excited though to see everything and experience it as well. I have never been to Lancaster and the surrounding areas so this will be fun!
Anyways, i will quit rambling and get to why everyone is really here. You read the title right! It is Saturday morning and in my kitchen Saturday tends to be baking day and today is no different. These scrumptious muffins were absolutely to die for. If you are anything like me you want to eat healthy but you have a huge sweet tooth. Well these muffins are sweet, rich and chocolaty that you will be having your whole family wanting them! They are the perfect way to get kids to take in fiber, good fats and maybe a little less chocolate because they are rich.
Gluten Free and Paleo Friendly Double Chocolate Muffins:
1/2 cup boiling water (in the microwave for 2 minutes)
3/4 cup Coconut Oil (melt in the microwave for about 1 minute)
1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Flaxseed mixed with 4 Tbsp water
2/3 cup Brown rice Flour (you can use Almond Flour here)
1/3 cup Tapioca Starch
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder (natural Dutch if possible)
1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 Cup Pure Chocolate Chips
Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix together your ground flaxseed and water and let it sit to gel.
Then Mix together your water, coconut oil, coconut Palm sugar and Flax seed egg. Combine in the mixer well.
Add in your flours(tapioca too), cocoa powder, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and soda. Combine well and then add the chocolate chips (I am bad about measuring these…).
Fill a muffin tin and should be about 3/4 full in each cup. Bake for about 14-16 minutes. Let sit in the pan for about 5 minutes and then take out and place on cooling rack. Serve with a glass of milk!
- 1/2 cup boiling water (in the microwave for 2 minutes)
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil (melt in the microwave for about 1 minute)
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Flaxseed mixed with 4 Tbsp water
- 2/3 cup Brown rice Flour (you can use Almond Flour here)
- 1/3 cup Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder (natural Dutch if possible)
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Cup Pure Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Mix 4 Tbsp water and ground flaxseed to make gel.
- Mix together coconut oil, flaxseed mixture, coconut palm sugar, and boil water.
- Add Flour and Tapioca Starch, cocoa powder salt, xanthan gum, baking powder and soda. Combine and mix well. Add chocolate chips.
- Pour into muffin tin (3/4 full in each cup) .
- Bake for 14-16 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Melt your coconut oil the microwave for about 1 minute and your water will boil after about 2 minutes on the microwave.
On the plus side of accidentally adding too much oil i guaranteed that they would be moist! So, if you want to make sure they are moist and gooey make the same mistake I did! these muffins were great with some Almond milk and they were in particular great as breakfast. They tasted like a big ole brownie. That is exactly how I love pretty much any baked good that isn’t a cookie. And the chocolate chips made them even more so amazing!
If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I love to hear from you all and feedback is much a appreciated here!
Until Next time, Have a great rest of your weekend!