How is everyone doing this fine fall day! I am telling you this cool weather is almost going to make me miss the mountains as I go to the beach this weekend! (I am very excited!) However, It will be a lovely weekend down there to get away and rest! I am very much looking forward to it and seeing the ocean when there isn’t so many people around!
However, one thing that will feel weird is the fact that this past weekend I was making pumpkin puree and homemade pumpkin butter! Yes, pumpkin butter! I am so excited to share my adventure with you all about this because it was an adventure! It was probably the first time I have ever made pumpkin puree by myself! (which you can find by going to mattiespantry.com) I needed the help of the Pioneer woman so Mattie did not take all the credit for that one because it needed some expertise of its own but it was a mess and so much fun too!
I had 4 huge pie pumpkins that I had no idea what to do with and so I decided for the first time that I am going to make my own pumpkin puree for my homemade pumpkin butter that I have made. I cut and scooped and pureed so much pumpkin that I think by now I could be an expert at this! Definitely going to be doing this again because I didn’t realize how easy it was to do! However, the pumpkin butter was probably the best part because it tasted like fall in my mouth! The best part? You can use your crockpot!
Homemade Pumpkin Butter:
10 cups Pumpkin Puree (take 2 big cans and 1 small or use homemade like I did)
1 1/4 cups Natural Apple Juice (I didn’t want the added Sugar)
2 1/2 cups Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
2 Heaping Tbsp Cinnamon (more like 2 1/2 Tbsp)
2 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
2 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Cloves
1/8 tsp Cardamom (or a hefty pinch)
1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
Pour in your pumpkin puree, apple juice and your Honey or maple syrup and stir in your crock pot. (have your crock pot on low).
Then add in your lemon juice, vanilla and spices and stir in well. Let your crock pot stay on low over night or all day. It needs to cook for 12- 14 hours on the low setting of your crock pot. When the butter has reduced and the back of your spoon has a layer of butter on it the butter is done.
This recipe makes 12 cups of pumpkin butter. If you are canning them half pints process for 30 minutes and pint jars process for 45 minutes.
- 10 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 1/4 cups Natural Apple Juice (I didn't want the added Sugar)
- 2 1/2 cups Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Heaping Tbsp Cinnamon (more like 2 1/2 Tbsp)
- 2 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 1/8 tsp Cardamom (or a hefty pinch)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Pour in your pumpkin puree, apple juice and your Honey or maple syrup and stir in your crock pot. (have your crock pot on low).
- Then add in your lemon juice, vanilla and spices and stir in well. Let your crock pot stay on low over night or all day. It needs to cook for 12- 14 hours on the low setting of your crock pot.
- The pumpkin butter will be done with the butter has reduced and the spoon is evenly coated on the back.
- This recipe makes 12 cups of pumpkin butter. If you are canning them half pints process for 30 minutes and pint jars process for 45 minutes.
- I put my crockpot on high for the 1st hour to get my crock hot then the rest of the time it is on low.
The best part is I don’t have to go Christmas shopping this year! I have been canning all summer and between pickles, jam and this beautiful butter I have all my shopping done!I love getting gifts like that because they were homemade and chances are they taste so much better than anything they could have bought me! I just think food is such a great gift to give because no one can live without so you might as well give them something they can sure use!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram (@notshabbygabby), Twitter (@Not2ShabbyGabby), Pinterest (Not2ShabbyGabby) and Facebook to stay up to date on all the recipes and news!
I hope you have a great and bless day!